The Every Sleep Counts programme has been commissioned by Hampshire and the Isle of Wight Safeguarding Children Partnerships. The programme was commissioned in response to findings from a range of Serious Case and Child Death Reviews which highlight the need for professionals to work effectively together to provide parents/carers with consistent safe sleep messages for babies to achieve better outcomes for families across both areas.
The training will help professionals to:
- Understand the importance of safe sleep and what it is.
- Understand why environments may not be a safe place for a baby to sleep.
- Explain the criminal charge of overlaying.
- Understand the risk factors associated with Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
- Understand the importance of a multi-agency approach.
- Support the workforce to deliver the safe sleep message to parents and carers.
Practitioners that should attend this event include;
Children’s Services professionals, Early Years providers, Childminders, Children’s Centres, Schools Inc. Primary, Secondary, Special and Independent Schools, Colleges, Police, Housing, Military, Faith organisations, Voluntary sector, Probation, Public Health, CAFCASS, Judiciary, District and Borough Councils, Domestic Abuse Services, Adult Services, GPs and Primary Care Nurses, Health Visitors, Midwives, Paediatricians, A&E staff, Family Nurse Partnership, School Nursing, Drug and Alcohol Services, Sexual Health Services, Ambulance Trusts, Child and Adult Mental Health Services, Pharmacists, Fire and Rescue.
The sessions are taking place on the following dates:
- Tuesday 10 March 2020, 9:30 – 11:30 – Winchester Discovery Centre.
- Tuesday 21 April 2020, 9:30 – 11:30 – Sharps Copse Family Centre, Havant.
- Thursday 30 April 2020, 13:30 – 15:30 – EII Court, Winchester.
- Thursday 14 May 2020, 9:30 – 11:30 – New Forest District Council Offices, Lyndhurst.
- Tuesday 19 May 2020, 13:30 – 15:30 – Hart District Council Offices, Fleet.
To book your place please follow the link below;
Please note that each member of staff wishing to attend HSCP training will need to register for a new account at the Event Booking Landing Page. Please note that you can’t book multiple tickets for the same course or book on someone’s behalf; an individual account needs to be created for each person.