Who might need safeguarding services?

A person with care and support needs, living in the Hampshire area who is at risk of, or experiencing, abuse or neglect and as a result of these needs is unable to protect themselves, will be able to access safeguarding support irrespective of their eligibility for services.


This may be a person who:


  • is elderly and frail due to ill health, physical disability or cognitive impairment
  • has a learning disability
  • has a physical disability and/or a sensory impairment
  • has mental health needs including dementia or a personality disorder
  • has a long-term illness/condition
  • misuses substances or alcohol
  • is a carer, (family member/friend) and is subject to abuse
  • does not have capacity to make a decision and is in need of care and support.