A person with care and support needs, living in the Hampshire area who is at risk of, or experiencing, abuse or neglect and as a result of these needs is unable to protect themselves, will be able to access safeguarding support irrespective of their eligibility for services.
This may be a person who:
- is elderly and frail due to ill health, physical disability or cognitive impairment
- has a learning disability
- has a physical disability and/or a sensory impairment
- has mental health needs including dementia or a personality disorder
- has a long-term illness/condition
- misuses substances or alcohol
- is a carer, (family member/friend) and is subject to abuse
- does not have capacity to make a decision and is in need of care and support.